1902 - 1930
TITAN is founded with the opening of the 1st cement plant in Elefsina, Greece.
The company becomes a "Société Anonyme" under the name "TITAN Cement S.A."
The Company is listed on the Athens Stock Exchange.
1930s - 1960s
First cement exports, to Brazil.
Export operations are virtually suspended during World War II and do not resume until the late 1940s. This holds back international expansion but consolidates the business in Greece.
Production at the Elefsina plant drastically increases fifteen-fold to keep up with the rapid growth of exports, which now account for over 50% of sales.
In parallel with its growth, TITAN takes measures for the protection of the environment installing, at the Elefsina plant, the first environmentally friendly electrostatic filters in Greece.
1962 - 1978
EXPANSION IN GREECE
Inauguration of TITAN’s 2nd cement plant in Nea Efkarpia, Thessaloniki.
Operation commences at the 3rd cement in Drepano, Patras.
Production kicks off at the 4th cement plant, in Kamari (near Athens).
INTERBETON Construction Materials S.A. is founded to engage in the production, transportation and trading of ready-mix concrete.
1979 - 2001
EXPANDING BEYOND OUR GREEK ROOTS
TITAN’s first floating distribution terminals open at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and Alexandria, Egypt.
Exports to the USA begin and a distribution terminal is established at the Port of Newark, New Jersey.
A period of expansion and vertical integration. The Group invests in several quarries and ready-mix concrete units, and acquires a controlling stake in Roanoke Cement, Virginia, USA.
TITAN launches cement distribution terminals in Italy (Venice), France (Marseille) and the UK (Hull).
The Company continues to grow in new geographical areas, acquiring majority shareholdings in Plevenski Cement, Bulgaria, and Cementarnica Usje, FYROM, in the Balkans.
The Group expands to Egypt acquiring a majority shareholding in Beni Suef Cement (a Lafarge-TITAN joint venture) and opening a new distribution terminal in Safaga.
TITAN acquires TARMAC AMERICA Inc., through the full acquisition of the Roanoke (Virginia) and Pennsuco (Florida) units, quarries, ready-mix concrete units and distribution terminals in the USA. TARMAC is renamed TITAN AMERICA and is fully incorporated into the Group.
100 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
TITAN celebrates its 100th anniversary with a series of Corporate Social Responsibility related events in Greece and is the first Greek company to sign the United Nations’ Global Compact.
The product portfolio broadens to include fly ash with the incorporation of the US company Separation Technologies (STET) into the Group.
TITAN acquires Kosjeric, a Serbian cement company, and further increases its presence in Egypt by acquiring Alexandria Portland Cement, a Lafarge-TITAN joint venture.
2003 – TODAY
TITAN becomes a full member of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBSCD).
Plant modernizations take place at Pennsuco (USA) and Thessaloniki (Greece).
The Group acquires the Zlatna Panega cement plant in Bulgaria.
The ready-mix concrete business in the US expands through the acquisition of three independent U.S. companies producing ready-mix concrete.
TITAN acquires Lafarge’s 50% stake in the joint venture in Egypt and 50% of Adocim in Turkey.
Operations begin at Antea, the newly constructed cement plant in Albania. The Group also acquires the Sharr cement plant in Kosovo.
ΤITAN Cement S.A. celebrates 100 years on the Athens Stock Exchange.
Separation Technologies LLC, a TITAN Group subsidiary, is renamed ST Equipment & Technology LLC.
TITAN expands its activities to Brazil by acquiring an equity stake in Companhia Industrial de Cimento Apodi, a Brazilian cement manufacturer.